Monday, December 5, 2011

Satan Burger

 
Wow I really love this author's writing style! I love his way about explain written scenarios and situations is beautifully poetic while he manages to talk about such obsurd and weird ideas. I also love my beginning thought ideas of what he is actually writing about and I am always steered in the other direction which is awesome.

Kind of punk-biblical theory story line. God had gotten sick of humans and got rid of them. Sort of like Noah's art but twisted in such a anti-religious idea that this story would be shunned by conservative religious practicers. I think I was more disturbed and surprised from this before over The Haunted Vagina. Even though I knew somewhat about his writing style he always never stops astounding me. By disturbing I think it made more of a weird connection to me personally since I am Catholic so whenever God is involved that is not traditional I have more of a relation to it, and I don't mean that offensively.

Mellick also made me laugh a bunch more with the characters, God almost in a way 'getting sick' of playing God which has a whole bunch of irony within it self and Satan deciding to open up a burger restaurant! This was a book with amazing dark humor and reminded me of the movie call Wrist Cutters. I think if I was younger I would have been disgusted and turned off completely because of my religious background. I am glad I have read this kind of punk genre now without pent up anger over someone's vast imagination and I enjoyed it purely for entertainment.

His 2 books I have read so far keep me wanting to read more which is rare for me. A quick recap: I love the humor, definitely me favorite part. His books I would recommend for a younger crowd just for the sake of teens in their rebellious stage. I think these books would not get as good of reviews for older crowds as of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment